Friday, February 26, 2010

It almost feels like we are starting all over again

2/22/10 Email Message

Family,

First things first...the Church had google renovate their email system for them and now all missionaries are using a version of gmail. So this is the first email sent from my new missionary gmail account. Its awesome! Soooooo much better than the last one we had - and you can send me as many pictures as you want and i never have to delete! woo hoo!

Also that is so cool that Kendall went on a date! She is so gorgeous! That outfit is so you kendall! was it fun?...Mom said Wesley has a cool car - but really, is it as cool as my Mazda Protege- doubt it. Mom you should send me more pictures of Kendall!

Mom you have a facebook? I think thats cool. Too bad Kimberly wont befriend you, we'll see how long that lasts. What do you do on it? Talk to your girls? Do you facebook stalk people? Do you take emo photos of yourself in the mirror and turn them into albums? Thats what all the cool kids do. Im excited to see it. Dont worry...I'll be your friend.

Kimberly's baby is the cutest kid ever. Im so jealous all of you get to play with him all the time - I havent even met him!! The pictures Kimberly sent me are awesome. Looks like it was a fun picnic at the river.

Tomorrow we have a mission conference with Elder Choi of the Seventy. Im pretty excited. I really enjoyed his talk in last general conference so Im glad we get to meet him and get training from him.

Things here are going good. Last week was kind of tough though. We had to let quite a few of our investigators go. They werent really interested in actually putting in the effort it takes to change their lives and repent. They just wanted to be our friends and meet with us because we are so nice to them. I wish we could keep meeting with them and be their friends too, but thats not what we are called to do. We only teach people that are willing to follow Jesus by repenting and keeping commitments. We had quite a few sad meetings the past few days, but its for the best. Now we just need to rely on the Lord to lead us to his prepared people. It almost feels like we are starting all over again, but its ok. We'll just work hard and have the faith and the Lord will make up the rest. I guess thats what the mission is all about. We'll see what happens...

I love you! Sorry I dont have more exciting things to write about. I feel like the last few emails have been really boring. Haha Ill keep my eye out for something cool I can tell you about next week. I cant make any promises though

Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford

P.S. - Ive eaten American cereal every morning (and sometimes nights too) for the past week. Blueberry Muffin Frosted MiniWheats, Marshmallow Mateys, Honey Nut Chex, and Reeses Puffs. Im in heaven.

No comments: