Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Its really a treat to teach her and learn from her at the same time.

To My Family!!

Wow cant believe Michelle is getting married. Tell her congratulations from me. Im sure her reception will be amazing. No doubt Mom and Dad will make it beautiful...its what you do best ;-)

Ashers party sounds like its going to be a blast. Whats the theme? Take tons of pictures and send them to me! I just hope he gets some of his own cake...
Is Cassie fully moved in now? Did she carve a space out of Kendalls back wing? Haha I bet its weird having two kids again. And the pictures look awesome! i love the red dirt shots!!

Things are going wonderfully here. Sandra is firmly committed to being baptized on the 13th! She is so good. Everytime we meet her she surprises me with her depth of understanding and her faithful willingness to believe. The scriptures just speak to her heart and she understands them in ways Ive never even thought of before. Its really a treat to teach her and learn from her at the same time. But that brings me to the favor I wanted to ask. Sandra is a single mother of a one year old baby boy who is just the coolest little kid ever. I was wanting to get her some stuff that will help her raise her son in the church. Mom can you help me out with that? What kind of stuff would be good? Little picture books, stuff to play with at church, etc? Can you find a few little things and send them to me? I think she would like that a lot.

Also last sunday we had a special night time sacrament meeting for our Nepalese investigator Rajesh. 5 people attended - the branch president, anjiki kyoudai, rajesh, me and my companion. President gave a talk, and blessed the sacrament. Anjiki kyoudai also gave a talk and passed the sacrament. My companion played the organ and gave the opening prayer. I translated the whole thing and gave the closing prayer. and Rajesh got to enjoy his first sacrament meeting. It was a neat experience. Although it was the smallest sacrament meeting Ive ever been to, It was one of the most special. As I sat there on the front (and only) row and sang the hymns (in a mixture of Japanese and english) and partook of the sacrament with our small little congregation I felt such a strong feeling of peace and joy. I could feel that Heavenly Father loved us and was proud of Rajesh for coming this far even with so much adversity. He is getting baptized next week and Heavenly Father is smiling because of that.

I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. Im so happy to be a missionary and Im so grateful for these little moments that I will never forget.

And I love you too! Keep sending me those pictures...Im sending you some of my own so you can see what life is like in Hachinohe. Talk to you next week!

Much Love,

Elder Brendan Kingsford

































No comments: