Thursday, November 5, 2009

10/28/09 Email Message

Dad,

Happy Early Birthday Dad! I wrote you a letter and packed you a package but I have not had the time to run to the post office and send it off yet. But just know its on its way. Also know that I love you!

The other day I was thinking about all the times you took us trick or treating on your birthday. Im sure there were probably other things you would prefer to do on your birthday than walk around the neighborhood and watch us knock on doors all night. But you still went. I remember once when I was really little you had some kind of meeting to go to (work?) so you couldnt take us out late, but you came home from work and took us out for an hour or so just so we could still go trick or treating. You probably could have just told us you were too busy and we just wouldnt have gone that year. But of course you didnt. Even though you only had a little time that day to yourself you spent it on us so that we could have fun and be happy. And that may seem like something just really small but it meant a lot to my little 7 year old self. And it just represents the kind of Dad I have. You always put our dreams and wishes before your own. And you are always there when we need you. Thanks so much for being a great Dad.

I hope you have a Happy Birthday. I hear Kendall is having a big party this year - and Im guessing you are clean up crew. Well I guess some things never change. Haha just dont let them eat ALL the trash dip. I love you!

Elder Brendan Kingsford

No comments: