
10/27/09 Email Message
Hello!
Wow those pictures are so cute! Asher is one good looking kid. I cant wait to meet him. Is he going to Kendalls party too? Hes sure got a great costume! I hope Kendalls party is as fun as it was last year. Let me know how it goes. Send pictures!
Things are going great here. We are in the middle of Zone Taikai [Conference] week but weve got a day off today because Sister Dibb, Sister Allred, and the area President Elder Stevenson are in town for a fireside and we are shuttling them around all day. But tonight we are back on the road to our last two Zones. Should be fun!
Another fun thing we are doing right now is apartment hunting. I never thought Id be doing business in Japanese but weve been dealing and bargaining with Real Estate agents and apartment owners for the past couple of weeks. Weve got a new senior couple coming to run a special YSA program called Outreach and they arrrive in about two weeks. Weve gotta find the apartment, sign the contract, and set up the furnishings all before they get here. Everything we are doing is brand new to both of us so its pretty exciting.
Also we had a lesson with Someya san today that was awesome. You can just see the change that has come over him. He used to just look a little dark and depressed - his hair was long and greasy, his clothes were grungy, and he didnt really smile much. But since gaining a testimony of Jesus Christ and feeling the power of the words of the scriptures - especially the Book of Mormon - he has just changed so much. Hes happy and smiling, hes got a little bounce in his step, and hes just so happy. It really is amazing to see. We pointed it out to him today and he said "I know - Jesus makes me happy" It was so cool. Im so excited for his baptism in a couple of weeks. Its been such a blessing to meet and teach him. We are so lucky.
So as you can see things are going great. Thanks so much for sending me those pictures - they really brightened my day. Mom you have really gotten good at editing your pictures. I hope you enjoy your new computer and I hope you get time to play around on it. That is such a good gift to have. I hope everyone has a happy halloween! Dont have too much fun ;-) Hope to hear from you soon!
Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford
Hello!
Wow those pictures are so cute! Asher is one good looking kid. I cant wait to meet him. Is he going to Kendalls party too? Hes sure got a great costume! I hope Kendalls party is as fun as it was last year. Let me know how it goes. Send pictures!
Things are going great here. We are in the middle of Zone Taikai [Conference] week but weve got a day off today because Sister Dibb, Sister Allred, and the area President Elder Stevenson are in town for a fireside and we are shuttling them around all day. But tonight we are back on the road to our last two Zones. Should be fun!
Another fun thing we are doing right now is apartment hunting. I never thought Id be doing business in Japanese but weve been dealing and bargaining with Real Estate agents and apartment owners for the past couple of weeks. Weve got a new senior couple coming to run a special YSA program called Outreach and they arrrive in about two weeks. Weve gotta find the apartment, sign the contract, and set up the furnishings all before they get here. Everything we are doing is brand new to both of us so its pretty exciting.
Also we had a lesson with Someya san today that was awesome. You can just see the change that has come over him. He used to just look a little dark and depressed - his hair was long and greasy, his clothes were grungy, and he didnt really smile much. But since gaining a testimony of Jesus Christ and feeling the power of the words of the scriptures - especially the Book of Mormon - he has just changed so much. Hes happy and smiling, hes got a little bounce in his step, and hes just so happy. It really is amazing to see. We pointed it out to him today and he said "I know - Jesus makes me happy" It was so cool. Im so excited for his baptism in a couple of weeks. Its been such a blessing to meet and teach him. We are so lucky.
So as you can see things are going great. Thanks so much for sending me those pictures - they really brightened my day. Mom you have really gotten good at editing your pictures. I hope you enjoy your new computer and I hope you get time to play around on it. That is such a good gift to have. I hope everyone has a happy halloween! Dont have too much fun ;-) Hope to hear from you soon!
Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford
No comments:
Post a Comment