Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm excited to go back to real life

11/23/09 Email Message

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the pictures. I love Merritt! Isnt it funny how much a part of our family she has become. We all love her so much...Shes a good dog.

The Christmas Child project sounds like it was great. Those are the kind of things that make me love christmas so much. So many miracles happen during the Christmas season. Its like for about a month and a half everyone grows a little closer to the Savior and the world reaps the benefits. I just wish that spirit could last all year.

Was the project done at the church or was it a community project? Im glad you and kendall had such a great time. I hope you have many more experiences like that this season.

About the shoes - tie on comfortable shoes are much more practical than loafers - imagine dendoing in the snow with loafers and tassles. Haha I think regular shoes will be just fine. Preferably black. Im good on slippers, all i want is sweats for pjs, and instead of candy how does chips and salsa sound? Have I ever told you about flyingpig.com? Its a website for Costco in Japan. You can order stuff from CostCo online and then they send it straight to me. Thats how most of the elders in the mission get american products from their parents. apparently its pretty cheap. maybe youd like to check it out.

And ps I have good news. Transfer day is tomorrow and kaicho [mission president] has decided to let me be a real missionary for the last part of my mission. Im transferring up north to a place called hachinohe with a young missionary. Im excited! Ive really enjoyed my time here in the honbu [mission home] and all the experiences Ive had as assistant. But Im excited to go back to real life and just focus on dendo [proselyting] for my last 6 months.

I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving! Ill be thinking of you a lot during this season. Also we'll be on the phone in just a few weeks. tanoshiminishiteimasu [looking forward to it]! talk to you later!

Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford

No comments: