Sunday, November 15, 2009

But now its my treasure

11/15/09 Email Message

Hello Everyone!

Sorry Im so late - even though its Sunday this is the first time weve been able to email. But thanks so much for all your emails, it was fun to login and see all of those waiting. Ever since I came to the honbu my mail has pretty much died. So it was nice to get so many at the same time. I love you all!

Yesterday we had Someya sans baptism and it was amazing. He bore his testimony during the meeting and it was so good. I just wanted to share a short quote from what he said. At one point he was talking about how he gained a testimony in the Book of Mormon when he said (in english even though he was talking to a room full of Japanese people) "When I first began reading the Book of Mormon it was for leisure. Then it become my pleasure. But now its my treasure." His faith is incredible. Its been such a treat to teach him and be able to see his growth and progression. Even though he just got confirmed today he seemed like a veteran church member. He was picking up hymnbooks, preparing the room for class, talking with all of the members, and participating in the lessons. It was a great day!

Dad, Ill look around for your honten [winter house coat]. I would guess it would be somewhere around 20-30 dollars - but that might be totally wrong so Ill go look first. Also about the sweats - all of the sweats Ive seen here are kind of a weird style. And I cant imagine anything tailor made in Japan to be even close to affordable these days...Ill keep looking but If you cant send some from home maybe I can just find something else that will work here.

Well I gotta run. Love you and Ill talk to you soon! Bye Bye

Much Love,

Elder Brendan Kingsford

No comments: