Friday, January 9, 2009

Its almost like I was literally stretched out to fill the space

1/5/09 Email Message to Kimberly

Kimberly,

First of all how in the world did Alabama lose? Was it even close? Im pretty much in shock right now. I bet Jason went into cardiac arrest. I hope hes ok...but I guess thats what makes college football so fun. It would be boring if the underdog never won.

Primary sounds like its going to be fun. Primary teacher is definitely my favorite calling Ive ever had. Second counselor will be different from teacher, but I bet it will be just as enjoyable. All the little kids will love to have a pregnant teacher I bet. I remember being fascinated by babies when I was little.

And New Years sounds like it was a blast. I miss Dads gyoza. Its funny because Im in Japan, but Ive yet to find any gyoza that is as good as Dads. Maybe its just the tradition that makes them taste so much better. Somehow sitting on the floor in a smoky little Japanese restaurant just isnt the same.

New Years here was pretty much the same as any other day. We just went out and knocked doors and talked to people about the gospel. It was a pretty slow day though because we were in the middle of a snow storm and everyone was too busy to talk to us. We ended up calling the day short. We went home and had our weekly planning session on Thursday instead of Friday and then sat by the heater and listened to some old General Conference talks. It was a great way to usher in the New Year.

Last week was a pretty big adjustment. Without Elder Gross my workload and responsibilty has drastically increased. If I am talking to someone and I dont know what to say or I dont know what they are saying to me, chances are my companion doesnt either. It was a pretty big shock the first couple of days, but it was cool cause now that I look back at last week I can see that Ive already made huge strides. Its almost like I was literally stretched out to fill the space that I have to occupy now. And Im sure Im not done stretching. This transfer should be a time of needed growth.

Things are good though. Its a little tough right now with all the changes but Im learning to deal with them one by one. The training wheels have come off now, which is a good thing because I have to grow up sometime.

Im excited to see the pictures of you and asher though. His birthday is fast approaching. He will be here before we know it. Im so excited for you!

I miss you and Austin! I hope all continues to go well. I also hope Austin is able to recover from the game. That must have been devastating for him.

I love you! Talk to you later.

Much Love,

Elder Kingsford

No comments: