1/26/09 Email Message
Family,
こんいちわ! (Konnichiwa!) Hows it going? I dont really know what to talk about in this email because Im not really sure this last week even happened. It went by sooo fast.
Oh! There is one thing that is pretty exciting. Do you remember a long time ago I told you about that family from Myanmar? Well we have been teaching them a lot lately and they have come to church a few times. They have a lot of interest (especially their two kids) and they really like meeting with us and talking about the gospel. The lessons are kind of difficult because the Church actually does not print the Book of Mormon in Myanmar and as far as we know the Church doesnt even have a presence in Myanmar. However, we were able to get a hold of a gospel principles book and a joseph smith pamphlet in Myanmar. Those have been a lot of help with the parents. The children speak great Japanese so they are fine. They attend church and learn a lot from the teachers there and they are able to read from the Book of Mormon in Japanese. The parents speak decent English and basically no Japanese. So we've been teaching them a lot out of the gospel priniciples book and from an english book of mormon and a Myanmar bible. Sometimes, if the parents dont understand our english we have to say it in Japanese to the kids and then they translate it into Myanmar for their parents. It gets pretty crazy sometimes with three different languages going at the same time, but somehow it works. On Saturday the family committed to pray together about baptism. If they receive an answer, they want to set a date this week! Its pretty exciting. Ill give you an update on that next week.
But thats about all the time I have left. I love you all and think about you all the time. I hope all is well! Tell Merritt I said hi! Do you think she will remember me when I go home?
I love you!
Elder Brendan Kingsford
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment