Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who else gets that kind of opportunity?

10/1/08 Email Message

Family!,

You are going to Washington D.C.? How fun is that! Why are you going? Take lots of pictures and let me know how its going. I bet its going to be beautiful.

Transfer calls were today and I found out im staying in Nagaoka! WooHoo! Im excited. I love it here and did not want to leave. So it looks like Im going to get at least 6 more weeks here. Im so glad.

I love the mission, by the way. Last week we went to a special conference with Evans Kaicho our area president. It was so cool. He spoke to us practically all day. I took 6 pages of notes! The spirit was so strong the whole time. I felt so blessed to just sit there and soak up the words of a general authority. Who else gets that kind of opportunity? I love being a missionary. Japan is a hard place to be. Its hard to give up everything I care about for two years to come to a completely foreign country and work so hard all the time. Its harder than I imagined. Much harder. But its amazing! I love everything about it. I wouldnt give this up for anything. Not even for a chance to watch Alabama and Byu win a BCS game. (which is going to happen by the way) Im so glad Im here and Im so grateful for the experience. Its incredible.

I love you! I Miss all of you so much and I wish I could be with you to tell you all the cool things that i have experienced. But I know there is much more to come. I cant wait to sit down with you all and share my mission with you in person! I love you all so much, and Im glad you are doing so well.
Love, Elder Kingsford

P.S. - Kendall I got the albums! thanks so much. They are awesome. My companions were impressed with them, and they were shocked that my sister would make me something so cool. they said their sisters would never do something like that for them. well duh! they obviously dont have as cool of a sister as i do! I love you! Thanks again!

No comments: