Monday, October 27, 2008

With the help from Heavenly Father I can be the missionary I need to be

10/21/08 Email Message

Family!,

Sounds like everything is going great! Im glad Kendall had such a good time at homecoming. I love high school! I hope kendall likes it as much as I did. Its cool that she has such a big group of good kids to hang out with. That helps a lot. Im hoping to see those pictures soon!

Everything here is going great. I got to see General Conference a couple weekends ago and it was amazing! I just sat there riveted to the screen all weekend. Our church is so cool! I especially liked the story President Monson told in the Priesthood session about learning Japanese in the MTC. Haha all of us missionaries got a good laugh out of that one. And I realized some things that have helped me out a lot with my mission. I realized that Ive been so preoccupied with worrying about the language that Ive neglected other things that are more important. The language is just one part of becoming a good missionary. And in my opinion its not even the most important. I realized that if I went home today I would not be satisfied with the missionary that Ive been. And thats not good. So I made a goal to become better. When I got home from conference I sat down and prayerfully considered all the things I could do better. I wrote them all down and posted them up on my wall. When I looked at them I realized that a lot of them seemed impossible for me to do. For example waking up at exactly 6 30 and staying coherent the entire morning. That is something I have never been able to do. Ever. In my entire life. But its something I need to do to be the missionary I want to become and the missionary the Lord expects me to be. And I realized that for me that probably is impossible. But for God its not. If I rely on Him He will keep me awake in the morning. With His help I can become the missionary I want to be. Under my own power I probably cant progress very much from the point Im at now. But with the help from Heavenly Father I can be the missionary I need to be. Ever since that realization Ive been able to accomplish my goals. Its been really hard at times, but as I keep relying on the Lord I keep finding that little bit of extra strength I didnt know I had. Its been an awesome experience.

I love you! I miss you so much, and I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments: