10/27/08 Email Message
Family,
Stake Conference sounds like it was a blast. Its so good to hear how well the missionaries are doing in Alabama. Im happy that they are taking care of the area I love so much. I pray for them all the time and I pray for the people of Alabama that their hearts will be opened to the gospel. I think its so cool that the missionaries are teaching congregations of people. Im reading in Alma right now and I just finished reading about Ammon and the sons of Mosiah. There are times when they spoke to multitudes of people and converted thousands of them at a time. That kind of sounds like whats going on in Alabama right now. So cool!
We just had our district conference last weekend too. It was really good. The theme was on member missionary work. Apparently member missionary work in our area is almost non existent. Almost all of our members are converts and therefore havent had a life time of preparation to learn how to share the gospel. Many of them dont even know theyve been asked to share it. So our mission has made it a goal to really focus getting our members involved in the work. If we are successful I think the possibilities are endless. Haha the highlight of the conference was the talk by our mission president. He had everyone in the congregation turn to their neighbor and practice inviting their friend to a church activity. Then he had them turn to their other neighbor and practice giving out a pass a long card. It was hilarious. Many of our members are pretty reserved so it was funny to see them forced to open their mouths and share their feelings. But it was also really good. It made them realize how easy it is to share the gospel. Just open your mouth! Thats all it takes. Im excited to see if conference pumps up the members in our area.
How is member work going in Madison? Are the members helping out the missionaries? Are they keeping them busy with referrals? That would be awesome if they were. It would be awesome if every member could get excited about missionary work. Especially in Madison. Its such a good area to share the gospel. Im excited to move back to the south and be a member missionary. Its gonna be great!
Well thats about all I have. I hope all is well! I love you all so much and I miss you tons! I pray for you all the time!
Love, Elder Kingsford
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job Clark! Thanks for putting all this up so we can share in his mission experiences. Brendan is quite a guy! He is turning into a great missionary. Way to go Clark and Sherri!
Love,
Kerri
Post a Comment