9/24/08 Email Message
Family,
Hey! Sorry but I have even less time this week. Im typing this at an eki [train station] in Niigata city on my way to Zone Taikai in Koriyama. Our area president Evans Kaicho is speaking to us tomorrow.
I am doing good here. We are having a great time dendoing [proselyting] in Nagaoka. Transfers are next week and Im hoping I dont get transferred. We are SO busy and are doing so well. I also dont want to leave my trainer, Elder Gross. He is awesome. Its a great luxury to have someone who is fluent in both languages. I learn so much from him all the time. We are up to 23 investigators. When I got here we had 2. We also have 7 progressing investigators. Its awesome! We are to the point where we have to squeeze in finding time between all the lessons we are teaching. We are hoping to extend some baptism commitments soon. Im so excited! I wish I had more time to tell you some stories from this last week, but Ill include it in next weeks email.
This week Ill want to talk a little about the branch members here. They are awesome. There are an average of 35 members every week in sacrament. Some of them travel for more than an hour to get there. One sister walks an hour and a half. They are all so nice. All of them are converts of course except for the children. The primary consists of about 8 kids - 5 of which are from one family. The youngest boy in that family is named Takahiro and he is my favorite member. He is two years old and he is the cutest little kid i have ever met. In sacrament meeting he always climbs off his chair and kneels on the ground during prayers. It is so cute. Hopefully I can send you a picture of him soon. Also there is Yoriko Shimai. She is so cool. She loves the missionaries and takes care of us like she is our mom. She got baptized in december of last year but she is so strong in the church. She calls us every night to check in on us and see how we are doing. I love her! Weve gotten three of our kyudoshas [investigators] through her too so she is also an amazing member missionary. I hope I stay here!
Anyways thats about all the time that I have. I wish I had an hour more to tell you about all thats going on, but next week will have to do. I will also send a letter home soon. Love you! Miss you! Talk to you next week!
ps- Wow if alabama and byu keep this up they could see each other in a bowl game this year. how cool would that be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment