Tuesday, August 5, 2008

8/5/08 Email message to Mom

Mom, The Book of Mormon Read-a-thon sounds exciting. I hope it goes well, and I'm sure it will. Let me know how it goes. Good luck, and have fun.

Kendall starts school already?! That's ridiculous. And she's only going for one day the first week? Haha lucky.

Nauvoo is going to be so much fun. Its funny how a tiny little town like that can be so cool. And having all the family there for such an exciting occasion should make it even better.

Dad sent me an email from Austin announcing Rocky's arrival into the family. Haha Austin's so funny. I can't wait to see pictures of him. Hopefully Kimberly sends me some soon. Kimberly said Austin was so excited to get Rocky. Which is funny because when they first got married I specifically remember him saying he didn't want to get a dog. I think Merritt has really made a good impression on him. Haha its funny how much he loves Merritt. I'm glad he can have a dog of his own to love now too. Afterall evey boy needs a dog ;-)

I have less than two weeks left here. We get our flight plans this Friday, so I'll have my exact itinerary pretty soon. My expected departure date is August 18 which is a week from this Monday. Pretty weird. I'll be sure to give you all the details next week.

Yeah I thought those pictures were cool too. Some of the missionaries in my district have cameras that have that effect built into them. They can set it to only record only the certain color that they want to focus on. Its pretty cool.

Oh and yes I did get some letters from your Laurels. Lets see, Aly, Ashley, and Chelsea have all written me. And Michelle Dyer writes me every week. Haha and its funny because they all mention parts of my letters in their letters to me. I'm glad you found some of my letters helpful. I'm glad they could do a small part to help out the young women. In addition to a letter I'm also sending a package home this week. So be expecting something soon!

I love you, and I miss you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Ai shite imasu!, Elder Kingsford

No comments: