Tuesday, August 12, 2008

12 August 2008 Email Message to Dad

Dad,
Well this is my last P-day at the MTC. Pretty weird. I feel like this is my mission. I've been called to serve a mission at the Provo MTC. I'm going to sit in a classroom and learn Japanese for two years and then I'm going to go home. Even though we have our flight plans now it still doesn't feel real. I'm sure it wont hit me until I'm actually standing in Japan.

Speaking of flight plans, I finally know my itinerary. I leave the MTC Monday the 18th at 5:00 a.m. They drive us to the airport where we wait until our plane takes off at 8:25. We have a layover at LAX from 9:30 to 11:30 (11:30 to 1:30 Alabama time). I'll be able to call home while we are waiting at LAX. Which I have to buy a calling card for - they sell them at the MTC bookstore for $5. And then after that I fly to Tokyo and then from Tokyo to Sendai. We land in Sendai at 6:45 p.m. the next day.

And then I think we spend a couple of days in the mission home having orientation and stuff. After that they assign me to my trainer and then I'm off to preach the gospel for two years. Wow I can't even believe it. I'm so excited!

Cub bear leader? That is awesome. What age group is that again? 9 year olds? That sounds like a lot of fun. Keep me updated on all the cool stuff yall do.

Did you go to Nauvoo already? If I remember right I thuoght Mom said the wedding was this last weekend. Let me know how that went. I bet it was awesome! Uncle Thane's family is so cool. And Nauvoo is such an amazing place.

It's funny that you made a blog for me. I was just thinking about that yesterday and I was going to ask you to make one for me. I guess great minds think alike ;-). I think that will be a great way for people to see how I'm doing. Maybe my friends will be able to check it and stuff. It would be a good missionary tool.

Well I've gotta get my last MTC haircut, but I still have some time to get back on here today. If you want to write me back I'll be able to get back on and read it. I love you and I miss you! I hope I hear from you soon. Ai shite imasu!

Elder Brendan Kingsford

1 comment:

Stefanie H said...

Aw, That is amazing! I know Brendan is going to be SUCH an awesome missionary!!!