Dad!,
So im in Japan now and its crazy! My first area is Nagaoka, its on the West coast. Its a great area. I have two companions - Elder Scobbe and Elder Gross. Elder Scobee was actually one of my sempai in the MTC and Elder Gross is my trainer. Last transfer he was one of the APs. Hes awesome. Hes half Japanese so he is bilingual.
The first few days I was here i hated it! It was sooo hard. I couldnt say anything I wanted to, had no idea what anyone was saying to me, and everything was completely different. My apartment has no AC, its teeny tiny, and its only meant to house two companions so we are extremely pressed for space. I was so depressed for about three days. I literally felt like I had been dropped off on an alien planet where all the aliens were doing a bad job of imitating America. I couldnt relate to anything. But through ALOT of prayer and reading the scriptures i got through the initial shock. One time I was reading the scriptures and it hit me that all i have to do is the little bit that I can and be obedient. It doesnt matter that I cant say everything i want to say. I just have to get up every morning and go to work. thats all the lord expects of me right now. that was a huge confort to me. so ever since then ive just been studying really hard and doing the little part that i can. its been much much better since then.
i wish i had more time to write - once again i only have 30 minutes. but ill write more in my letter home! I love you and i miss you. knowing that you went through all the same things im going through right now is a huge blessing for me. thank you for being such a good example for me and a great dad! i love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment