Thursday, December 11, 2008

She has chosen to change her life so much already

12/9/08 Email Message

Dad,

Dont you love the Alabama weather? I dont think theres anything else like a clear fall morning in the Tennessee Valley. We are so blessed to live there. When we first moved there I remember I was having kind of a rough time with the move. But I remember every once in a while when we were alone together you would point out some of the amazing blessings we got from living there. You used to say it was like we were living in heaven. At first I thought you were just saying things to get me to cheer up, but after a while I started to agree with you. Now my vision of heaven looks an awful lot like an autumn morning in North Alabama.

Im glad to hear the holidays are as exciting as ever. Im also glad you all had a good Thanksgiving with Aunt Tracy. Theres nothing like spending the Holidays with family. Im excited to hear how the Stake Choir performance goes. Hopefully Ill be able to make it to one of those again sometime. That choir is amazing, and I love seeing Mom perform. I hope she has a good time.

Things here are going good. We are busy preparing for Sue sans baptism next Saturday. I am so excited for her! Its amazing that someone can find the gospel and in a little over two months be baptized into the Church. The faith and trust it takes to do that is incredible. She has chosen to change her life so much already. She has quit smoking and drinking, she has given up tea and coffee, she reads her scriptures everyday, she comes to church every sunday, and she prays to Heavenly Father every day even though 3 months ago she didnt even know who He was. And she has chosen to do all of that simply because she felt the Spirit and feels that it is right. That is a miracle! Its been an amazing process to witness first hand and a joy to take part in. It really has been incredible. Ill be sure to let you know how the baptism goes next week.

Also, Christmas is in a couple weeks and that means I get to call home in a couple weeks! But I was thinking it would be a good idea to coordinate that with each other. What time should I call? I think the plan is to call you and then hang up and have you call me back. But just let me know when the best time to call is. Just remember I am 14 hours ahead of you.

I love you! I hope you have a good time preparing for Christmas and I hope the family has a great holiday season!

Much Love,

Elder Kingsford

No comments: