Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I have never seen her so happy before

12/22/08 Email Message

Family,

Im glad to hear Kimberly and the baby are alright. That must have been really scary - but Im glad everything is alright. They are both in my prayers. Im looking forward to meeting my little nephew in a couple of years!

I just wanted to let you know about Su san. She was baptized on Saturday afternoon and confirmed on Sunday during sacrament meeting. It was so cool! I felt so lucky to get to baptize her and share that experience with her. Im sure she will remember that day for the rest of her life. Afterwards she kept saying how happy she was. I have never seen her so happy before. She was just beaming all night long. It was soo cool. The spirit at her baptism kai (baptism meeting) was incredible. It was very simple and sweet. It reminded me of the way I used to feel sometimes while I was in primary. I remember when I was a sunbeam there used to be a picture on the wall of Jesus and all the little children crowded around Him. I would always grab the seat with the best view of that picture. I used to look at it all the time and I would picture myself as one of those children and wonder what it would be like to be that close to Him and to feel his arms around me. At those times I would be so concentrated on my imagination of that, that it would feel like nothing else mattered. It was like all that existed in the world was me and the love of Jesus. Its been a long time since I was a Sunbeam, but on Saturday I had that same feeling again. While Su san and I were sitting there in our baptism whites getting ready to enter the water, I felt like all that mattered in the world was the love of Jesus. And the funny thing is that is probably the truth. Sometimes I get so preoccupied with all that is going on in life that I forget to think of what is really important. I forget that it really is all about Jesus. Its funny how easy it was to know that when I was a sunbeam. How could I have been so much smarter as a 4 year old than I am now? I guess Ill be working my entire life to be as good as I was when I was 4.

I love you all! Im looking forward to calling you on Christmas. I think Im going to call at 9 am my time. Ill let you know if anything changes between now and then. I love you and I hope you all have a great Christmas together! Talk to you soon!

Much Love,

Elder Brendan Kingsford

No comments: