12/7/09 Email Message
Family,
Thanks so much for all of your emails. It was fun to get so many emails all at the same time. It makes for a great P-day :-)
So I dont know if I told you but my new area actually covers three branches. Two of them are Japanese branches and one of them just happens to be the American Misawa Air Force service mens branch. A "branch" of 200 American members. And we go there every Thursday to work with members and teach lessons.
Last Thursday was my first experience with it and it was crazy! We first went to the Branch Presidents house to have lunch with him and his family. I was pretty shocked. Here we were in the middle of
And that was only the start. From dinner another member picked us up, took us on base, and bought us pizza hut - meat lovers and extra cheese with cinna sticks on the side. As my companion handled the family (once again three little blonde haired blue eyed girls) I just held on to my IBC root beer and tried to fit in.
Im not so sure about this whole going home thing anymore. It was scary. Maybe this is good though. I can slowly ease myself back into American life one day a week. Lets hope things go better next time! Of course the three bags of American groceries they sent us home with werent so bad. It was great to have frosted mini wheats for breakfast again...
And thanks for my package! Everything was awesome. Especially the sweats. They are amazing - exactly what I was hoping for. And nice choice on the color - I can fit right in on campus next year.
Also that is so cool that BAMA is going for it all this year! Im so excited! I hope they pull it out. Jason is just going nuts right now. Hes the sports editor for the University paper so he gets a full paid trip to the game complete with press passes and everything. SO JEALOUS!!! Im wearing my bama hoody every day!!
Anyways I love you. I gotta run but I hope you all have a great week! Talk to you soon!
Much Love,
Elder Kingsford
No comments:
Post a Comment