9/10/09 Email Message
Family,
Hows it going?! Sorry last weeks email was so lame. We were just sooo busy last week. With new missionaries coming in, old missionaries going out, and missionaries transferring around, it was a miracle we even found time to sleep. It was hectic, but I guess thats what makes life fun. But for now Im glad Ive got time to sit down and write - then its back to running around ;-)
Its great to hear all the news about the cousins. Thats so cool that Bobby got sealed in the temple! Im happy for him and his wife. And Jack, Norman, and David are all living in Utah now? That is so cool. Im excited to to hang out with them when I get back. Hopefully they will all still be there. You know we never really got much of a chance to hang out when we were young, but I think it would be a great blessing to be friends now that we are older.
Sounds like the musical will be fun this year! Im glad the kids in our ward let at least a few of their school friends in on the fun - sounds like it will be a great dendo [missionary] activity ;-) Is mom planning on helping out? Should I even ask? Its too bad Kendall didnt get the part she wanted, but Im sure she will have a blast as choreographer. Good luck!
Things are going good here. Like I said, we are super busy right now but having a blast. The Nagamachi ward is incredible. Good things are happening all around us - I am so blessed to be here right now. Lately Ive had some special experiences that have really given me a better understanding of how much God loves His children. Last week was really special. Ayumi chan, a 16 year old girl that we have all been working with got baptized. And her baptism was the most spiritual baptism Ive been to on my mission. Her mom and sister who are both recent converts themselves were there too. After she was baptized she stood at the pulpit and bore her little sweet testimony about Jesus Christ. She said she loves Jesus because He loves her. She said she knows the gospel is true because it makes her happy. When she prays good things happen. When she obeys the word of wisdom she feels good. When she reads her scriptures she feels comforted. When she comes to church she feels love. With all of that proof how could she doubt? Then she said amen and sat down.
Her testimony really made me think. It was so simple but also so powerful. There is no need to argue, or debate, or worry, or reason your way into a testimony. This gospel is true because it is. And anyone can experience it for themselves. You can know it just by living it. Ayumi chan helped me really understand how I know for myself. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior because Ive felt His love. I know the commandments are from God because they keep me safe. I know the Bible and the Book of Mormon are Gods word because Ive read them. I know the Church has been restored today and that it is lead by a prophet of God because Ive heard him speak. And I know God answers my prayers because Ive prayed and He has answered them. It really is just that simple. I am so grateful for this chance to be here and learn so much. I am so grateful for the people that have touched my life here in Japan. I am especially grateful for Ayumi chan for teaching me about my testimony. I just feel so loved by the Lord. I love you! I hope you are all happy! Talk to you soon.
Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love seeing when there is a new post here. Its wonderful Spiritual Enlightenment for my day :)
Post a Comment