Monday, April 26, 2010

Who knew flowers could be so exciting?!

4/26/10 Email Message

Family,

Hey! First of all - Dad great joke. Thats one of the better ones Ive heard in a while. Its nice to actually be able to laugh at a joke for real. I dont know how it was for you but Japanese humor just doesnt do it for me. Half of the time I dont understand what they are saying and the other half I just dont think its funny. So its nice to hear a good joke every once in a while ;-)

Things are going great here. We had two baptisms last week. The branch is overjoyed. Everyone says they havent seen this much success in years. The Lord is pouring out His blessings on Hachinohe. Im so glad to be here for the end of my mission. I cant imagine a better place.

The cherry blossoms should be in bloom right now, but they refuse to come out until it warms up. The problem is winter just doesnt seem to want to go away. Last Friday it was raining and so cold that I was dendoing in full winter gear - wool socks, thermals, sweater, and ski jacket. So needless to say the cherry blossoms are still biding their time. Right now that seems to be the biggest news in Japan. Everyone is excitedly waiting for the first blooms to show. Anjiki kyoudai gets up early every morning, walks to the park, checks the trees, and calls us to give us an update. Who knew flowers could be so exciting?!

But hey Mothers day is in a couple weeks so you know what that means - one more call home. But when do you want to do it? Let me know so we can plan around it.

I love you! I hope everyone has a great week. Talk to you soon!

Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford

247

1 comment:

Wendyrful said...

Oh... the Cherry Blossoms in Japan!!! I love those!!! I miss that here. I see a few here and there, but it's just not the same - the whole Country just brightens up with the beauty of them EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
Great work with all the baptisms!