Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And he knew his prayers had been answered

1/10/10 Email Message

Family,

Yay! BAMA won! Im sure Austin is on top of the world right now. Its crazy how they went from nothing to National Champions in 3 years. Hopefully they can do it again next year so I can see it.

We had transfer calls last week and we found out Elder Carthew and I will be together for at least another 6 weeks. Which is good because we have a lot of good things going on right now.

This Sunday Anjiki san is getting baptized. He asked me to baptize him because he thinks of me as the answer to his prayers. He had been praying for months to find the true church - actually he had been praying for God to send the true church to him some how. He thought about going to many different churches during that time, but he felt impressed to just keep praying for the true church to come to him. So with faith he continued to study the scriptures and pray for a miracle. And then we ran into each other on the street and he knew his prayers had been answered. Im so happy for him. The branch is super excited too.

About my return date...I've officially decided to extend until June 24. Im going to tell President in my interview this week. I dont know what your plans are for when I get home, but I hope the end of June is ok. I just feel like this is the only chance I have in my life to serve the Lord in this way, and Id like to make it last just a little bit longer. I think I can do a lot of good things here in Hachinohe and Misawa so Id like to have more time to serve the people here...Im sorry Mom ;-)

Hey I got the chips and salsa! Thanks so much - they are soo good. It made my companion happy too.

I love you! I hope everyone has a great week. And I hope Kendall is having a good start to the semester! Make sure you live it up! Talk to you soon!

Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford

No comments: