Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm an Uncle

4/20/09 Email Message

Grandma and Grandpa -

i cant really believe those pictures are even real! Does Kimberly really have a baby? It really is pretty unbelievable to me. He is soo cute. I love the close up you sent of him with his mouth open! What a cute kid. He looks ALOT like austin i think. Maybe he will have curly hair - if hes lucky. I cant wait to meet him. He wont be talking by then will he? Wow what an exciting time! Im an uncle...

Im excited to talk to you in a couple of weeks. How do you want to work that by the way? What time would be best? Let me know so I can start to make plans. We got cell phones a couple of months ago, so i dont know how its going to work this time. we should be getting instructions pretty soon, and when we do ill let you know whats going on.

Things are going pretty good here. We are making great progress with some investigators. Danika chan (the 9 year old) is amazing. If her parents are ok with it she should be baptized sometime within the next few weeks. she is soo cute. ill be sending another sd card home soon so youll be able to see her. also we are teaching a 70 year old man who has decided he wants to set a baptism date. we think he should have a goal by the end of this week so we are praying hard for him. the work is progressing here so much.

It is so much fun to teach these people and see them grow in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I never realized how much fun teaching people the gospel would be. A few months ago i decided to focus on really trying to get lost in the work. the time since then has been the best time of my mission. I dont miss music, i dont miss television, i dont miss girls, i dont even miss sports (most days ;-) ) All i want to do is be a better missionary and teach people about Jesus. The feeling i get after a good lesson is worth everything i have sacrificed. Its incredible! Im so happy to be on a mission and serving the Lord. This is the best time that i have ever had. Im excited to see whats waiting for me over the next few months!

I love you all and im so happy about asher. I love seeing the pictures of him. i cant wait to wrestle with him and hear him laugh! how exciting! let me know what hes like. Ive only seen pictures of him...id like to hear what its like to have a grandson in the family! tell me all

Elder Brendan Kingsford

1 comment:

danakat said...

I have been more than loving your mission stories and updates. But more than those, I am AMAZED at the missionary have become. You have always been an awesome kid, but the depth of character you display...I feel honored to know you and am busily taking notes from your mom and dad so hopefully my kids aren't being screwed up.

Congrats on being an Uncle! Asher is a lucky lil fellow with you and Kendall on his team.