2/24/09 Email Message
Family,
Well it sounds like everyone is busy as usual, but I guess that is what makes life fun right? The cradle looks like it is going to be awesome Dad. Im excited to see the final product. Also, I cant believe Ashers big day is so close. Its kind of surreal actually. I cant even imagine what is going through Kimberly's mind. What an amazing moment in life!
Dad I cant believe that blood type thing has made news in America. Haha I have heard a lot about that over here. We have an Eikaiwa [english class] student who swears by it. He loves to write letters in English and then have us edit them for him. Ive helped him edit 4 or 5 letters about that dumb blood type horoscope. I think its pretty hilarious. Only in Japan would that be considered legitimate. The people here are so funny like that. They love weird gossip and urban legends.
Kendall that is exciting that you are getting your patriarchal blessing. I love my blessing. When I am feeling down or looking for strength I always go to my patriarchal blessing. There have been so many times on my mission where my blessing has given me inspiration or sparked a chain of thoughts that has led to the answer Im looking for. Im glad you are preparing for yours now too.
Theres not much news from this week. The weather has been kind of bad, but thats ok. It hasnt hindered us from helping our investigators progress in the gospel. Yesterday I realized how funny it is that all my biggest worries our about my investigators. What should we teach them? what do they need the most? how can we help them strengthen their testimony? Those are the kind of questions that are bouncing around my head all day. I dont have much time to worry about much else. Pretty much everything we do is done in order to help someone else. And its a good feeling. Its nice to just focus on helping other people and fulfilling my calling. Its nice to just be a missionary.
I love you! Im glad everyone is doing so well! I miss you; I hope to hear from you soon!
Much Love,
Elder Brendan Kingsford
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment