Monday, November 17, 2008

I know I'll get the language down eventually, but right now it's still a work in progress

11/17/08 Email Message

Family,

So Kimberly is having a boy huh? How cool is that? Im going to have a nephew? Haha thats hard to believe. But I hope Asher is healthy and happy! Hes in my prayers.

Everyone sounds so busy and happy. Im so glad. It really makes it much easier here when I can think of my happy family back home and how well they are doing. What a blessing!

So I didnt get transfered! And I still have the same senior companion - going on three transfers together. Im excited to stay in Nagaoka. Its awesome here. Yesterday we had two investigators come to church - it was awesome. We had a primary program in sacrament meeting and all the kids were so cute. Also, my companion and I both gave little talks about missionary work. It was cool.

Things are going good. Im staying busy and working hard. I know Ill get the language down eventually, but right now its still a work in progress. But im improving so thats a good sign.

Also, I had a nasty crash on my bike this week. It was late at night and we were heading home from our last appointment. We cut through a parking lot and I jumped the curb at the edge of the lot. I had no idea there was a ditch right on the other side. haha actually, i saw it coming from like 5 seconds out but all i could do was watch myself go over the curb and into the ditch. My bike got stuck in the ditch and I got launched from my seat. I didnt get hurt and my bike wasnt damaged, so in the end it was just really funny.

But thats it from me. I love you and I miss you. I was happy to hear about little Asher. Congratulations Kimberly and Austin! I love you all.

Much Love,
Elder Kingsford

No comments: