Monday, July 28, 2008

Email to Mom - 15 July 2005

Haha (affectionate term for Mom - not to be confused with a laugh ;-)),

Im excited for my care package! I got a huge load of mail this last week and things are looking up for this week too. How cool! Lol and I was wondering why you haven't written a hand written letter yet. I should have known it was the stationary holding you back.

I'm so excited for the ward. I pray for the work in Alabama every day. I just have a feeling things are going well there. Is the ward growing through baptisms or just move ins? I'd be interested to know. I'm hoping by the time I get back I'll be coming home to the Madison stake. How cool would that be!

Our lesson went great on thursday. Every week we have a 15 minute language exercise before our lesson and then we have a 35 minute lesson. This week both were entirely Nihongo de. So we spoke Japanese for basically an hour straight. It was amazing. I was so pumped when I got out of there - I wanted to go straight from the TRC to Japan.

Lol the MTC barbers cut my hair. They basically cut everyones hair the same way. Haha lets just say it wasn't pretty. I have to get another one right before I leave for Japan too, I'm not looking forward to it.

Yeah my ankle is feeling better. I have a cool brace for it for when I play sports and work out. However, last week i was playing basketball again and I dislocated me thumb. It sounded awful when it snapped - I thought I broke it. I figure someone is trying to tell me to stop playing basketball. So for now on I'll just stick to volleyball and running.

We get our kohai tomorrow. So weird! Time is flying by. I can hardly believe it. Next thing I know I'll be on the plane to Nihon. By the way I have exciting news. Apparently I get to call home the day I fly to Japan. We are supposed to call our families during one of our layovers. I'll be getting my flightplans in a couple weeks. When I find out the itinerary I'll let you know.

I hope you have a lot of fun in Nauvoo! I love Nauvoo. It's such a cool place. Make sure you let me know what the plays are like. I hear they are cool. I miss you. I hope you have fun with Cassie - don't stay too busy.

Ai shite imasu!

P.S. - I've run into a bit of a problem. I have to shave everyday and apparently my skin isn't a big fan. I get pretty bad razor burn from my blades. One of the Elders in my district had the same problem so he bought an electric shaver in the bookstore. I tried it out a couple times and it's pretty nice. The problem is it costs 50 bucks. What do you think? Should I buy it?

No comments: